1. The children are quite grown up. They do a lot of things by themselves. I saw a boy taking some cows on his own to a field and other ones riding donkeys with big baskets of oranges on each side. I spoke to a girl called Louna. She was digging up potatoes with her donkey and her mum. Her donkey is called Naow. She said she loves her mum because she said mama and touched her heart. In Morocco they speak Arabic. Louna could say some words in French but not much. I gave Louna some felt tip pens and she said shokran and was smiling.
2. There are lots of stalls at the side of the road. They sell baskets and oranges, potatoes, radishes, olives, lemons and carrot and bananas. There are some cockerels too.
3. We saw some camels and one had a sack thing on its mouth. They were walking beside their owner at the side of the road.
4. There’s a special bit like a sandy bike path at the side of the road and there are lots of donkeys and horses and people with baskets. The baskets had two big strings and they were full of olives. Sometimes the people go on the road with the donkeys and dad has to be careful driving. Especially at night.
5. By the way there are loads and loads of policemen with speed cameras all over. Sometimes they lie down and hide. And they have spikes to put on the road to make people stop.
6. The people are really good at selling stuff in Marrakech. There are pots and vases and tagines. A tagine is like a pot to cook in and you put the lid on. And the lid looks like a witch’s hat.
7. The food is nice. We had a tagine with spice and potatoes, broccoli and carrots and chicken. There was a red chilli on top but I didn’t eat that. A little seed was in the food and Adam’s mouth was on fire.
8. It is expensive in supermarkets so it’s better to go to markets. Cereal is 49 dirham which is about 4€ 90. So we have toast and jam for breakfast and sometimes dad makes pancakes. We usually buy 2kg of oranges which is 10 dirham or 50 centimes. They are really juicy and sweet and taste sweeter than normal. We eat 2kg a day.
9. It’s been raining a lot. I thought it would be hotter. But in the mountains there is snow and the roads are blocked.
10. There are snakes at the market and monkeys and a vulture.